Very Slow Entourage 2008 EWS with Exchange 2007 SP2

T

Tom_Reynolds

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange We have two executives that used to be on Entourage 2004 with very large mailboxes (~13Gb) and recently upgraded to Entourage 2008 EWS. They have noticed a lot of slowness since the upgrade, clicking on a message to read takes about 20 secs or sometimes more, for it to appear. The spinning beach-ball of death keeps going and going. We even added another mailbox for them to move old emails to offset their large volume but still slowness...they had mentioned it wasn't like this in Entourage 2004...

Please help!

R

Rick Hegyi

Version:2008Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange We have two executives that used to be on Entourage 2004 with very large mailboxes (~13Gb) and recently upgraded to Entourage2008EWS. They have noticed a lot of slowness since the upgrade, clicking on a message to read takes about 20 secs or sometimes more, for it to appear. Thespinningbeach-ballof death keeps going and going. We even added another mailbox for them to move old emails to offset their large volume but still slowness...they had mentioned it wasn't like this in Entourage 2004...
Please help!

Same problem here. Although the mail boxes are not that large.
Enterprise installation, 10.6.2 Office 2008EWS patched to latest
version. I have tired all of the listed fixes. Turned off Spotlight
Indexing of the MS User data, Disabled Integrity checks, Rebuilt the
MS User data file, Turned off WYSIWYG fonts menus, zapped the font
caches. What else can we try? SBBOD at least 10 to 15 times a day.
Thanks

T

Tom_Reynolds

Similar troubleshooting, I've also configured Entourage to bypass our client access server and directly access Exchange but same issue. Perhaps, looking at it differently, what have people done to make Entourage perform better or any optimization hints?

Thanks.

T

Tom_Reynolds

Also, I've read Bill's post on blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/.../optimize_entourage_to_better_work_with_ exchange.html but not much luck either...

R

rick

Thanks for the link to the wiki, I saw that and made a list of all the suggestions. It would be nice if Microsoft Mac support would put out a list of trouble shooting items to try. This is very frustrating, upgrade a bunch of laptops, get the latest software and all day the users get spinning beach balls.

Ask a Question