Visio Viewer in HTML table doesn't display - 100% height problems

A

Adam

Hello,

When you embed the Visio Viewer in an HTML table in a web page, the Viewer does not display a drawing file, all you get is a blank page.

I can reproduce this especially when I set the height of the viewer to 100%. Try it with the sample.htm file supplied ith the viewer. Just wrap the <object> tag in a <table><tr><td> series and you'll see.

To work around this, I place the viewer in a <div> tag instead. This enables me to actully see the drawing file, but then I have other problems when I try to set the height of the viewer to 100%.

If I have any content above the viewer (like a header, or a graphic) and set the viewer's height to 100%, then the viewer's height is exactly the height of the browser window, NOT the height of the browser window minus the height of the header, which is what it should do. It can't seem to understand to fill the remaining space in the browser window, it just sets its height to whatever the height of the browser is. This creates an ugly scrolling situation for the user.

Can anyone repro this? MS, can you post a KB on this, or look into it?

Thanks,

Adam

Ask a Question