Why are some of my fields in InfoPath indented?

J

jd2

When I preview or publish a form, the data in the field is shifted to the
right. fields in other parts of the form are fine.

G

Greg Collins [InfoPath MVP]

Most likely it is because you have your field inside of a section. Sections have default padding, margin, and a 1px white border. Remove all these, and you should be set to go.

J

jd2

I zeroed out the padding and margins in the table properties and date picker
properties but no change. Is there someplace else I should look?

J

jd2

That was not it either but I can use it later.
The indent is within the control/field.
I place the control, calendar picker, and size the box within the text.
When I preview the form and click inside the control, it shows the it as
indented inside the box and I can only see part of the date. In other
sections it works fine.
This happens with text controls as well.

G

Each control has its own padding and margins. Unfortunately for the date picker control, there's some oddities there due to it being a multi-part control (i.e. a button and a text box), that gives you less control when working with smaller (8pt, etc) fonts.

Perhaps you can post a screen shot of the issue you are experiencing?

S

smilinggeek

Greg said:
Each control has its own padding and margins. Unfortunately for the date picker control, there's some oddities there due to it being a multi-part control (i.e. a button and a text box), that gives you less control when working with smaller (8pt, etc) fonts.

Perhaps you can post a screen shot of the issue you are experiencing?

G

You can upload it to a server somewhere or a picture hosting site (many are free) and then post a link to it here.

G

Yes, I see your delimma. This is very ususual. I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Try creating a new form with a somewhat similar layout. See if you get the same issues. If you do, then something is messed up with your installation, and I would suggest running a repair or a full reinstall.

If the same problems to appear, then the problem is with your particular view. Something got messed up in it. I don't know how salvagable it would be. It might be best to just start over with a new view, then delete this broken one.

J

jd2

I have created @ 12 different forms and I get the same results.
I will talk to desktop support for a reinstall, I've tried the repair.
Thanks for your help

G

Good luck. What your experiencing is not normal. There's definitely an issue there.

Ask a Question