Word, Excel, PPT, Entourage don't open

D

dmk2129

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC

After installing Office08 and its updates, whenever I launch any Office program (either from the dock, under the application folder, or by opening an office document), the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant launches. From there, I've tried re-runniing auto-update, registering, and everything else. But after quitting the Setup Assistant, the program I tried opening forgets to open. What's the problem? Could it be that I installed it from a network account (w/ admin privileges?

C

cdemay

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC

After installing Office08 and its updates, whenever I launch any Office program (either from the dock, under the application folder, or by opening an office document), the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant launches. From there, I've tried re-runniing auto-update, registering, and everything else. But after quitting the Setup Assistant, the program I tried opening forgets to open. What's the problem? Could it be that I installed it from a network account (w/ admin privileges?

I have the exact same issue -- please advise!

Thanks,
Chris

D

dmk2129

Dear Ms. Ross,

Thanks, you are right I did miss that. But I appreciate you pointing it out to me.

Sincerely,
Dank

O

Obe

I'm having this problem also. I have got the auto-updater installed and the 12.1.0 update installed. Now I can't open anything without the installer opening. What is up with this? Office has given me nothing but drama.

Ask a Question