Xerox copying of published documents

D

Droopy

This might be a bit far removed from being a Publisher problem but I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm the editor of a newsletter for a seniors' social group and have received rave reviews since I started using Publisher. Typically, I convert to a pdf file and email it to members.

However, about 25% of them don't have computers and/or email and are positively phobic about them so I send the pdf file to the local Office Depot and they Xerox copy it into a booklet. The quality is horrible, particularly pictures and block colours. I cringe because it looks beautiful on my monitor and when I print it on my colour printer.

I know that pictures don't Xerox well but wonder if there is *anythhing* I can do before sending it for copying that will improve the quality of the copied newsletter?

Robin

E

Ed Bennett

Droopy said:
I know that pictures don't Xerox well but wonder if there is
*anythhing* I can do before sending it for copying that will improve
the quality of the copied newsletter?

If this is a black and white Xerox you could try printing a greyscale PDF
rather than full colour. Most likely they are printing in greyscale for
you, but it's conceivable that they aren't.

P

PatJennings

Take the file, as it is, of your Publisher document on a diskette or CD. They should be able to print copies for you in full, glorious color. I use Office Max for the very same thing. A bit pricey, but you'll be happy. If Office Depot cannot print the Publisher file, convert to PDF and take that along as well.
This might be a bit far removed from being a Publisher problem but I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm the editor of a newsletter for a seniors' social group and have received rave reviews since I started using Publisher. Typically, I convert to a pdf file and email it to members.

However, about 25% of them don't have computers and/or email and are positively phobic about them so I send the pdf file to the local Office Depot and they Xerox copy it into a booklet. The quality is horrible, particularly pictures and block colours. I cringe because it looks beautiful on my monitor and when I print it on my colour printer.

I know that pictures don't Xerox well but wonder if there is *anythhing* I can do before sending it for copying that will improve the quality of the copied newsletter?

Robin

Ask a Question