Creating appointments by dragging e-mail to calendar...

B

biased_perspective

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

Hello everyone. One important feature from Outlook 2007 (PC) that I have found that I cannot live without is the ability to drag an e-mail into my calendar resulting in an appointment window popping up with the content of the e-mail in body of the appointment. Because I can't find anyway to do this in Entourage I have relegated myself to running Parallels so I can maintain this feature by running Outlook 2007 (which is a huge drain on my computer resources). I did notice that there is an update to Entourage that took place recently that focused on the exchange capabilities of Entourage but did it by chance also allow the opportunity to drag e-mails into the calendar to conveniently add new appointments?

Thank you!
Aaron

B

biased_perspective

Actually when I submitted this question, "Other Questions Like This" indicated someone already answered this question in January and they recommended using the apple script icon after the help menu which does seem to answer my question. Thank you!

K

kempster621

Hello everyone. One important feature from Outlook 2007 (PC) that I have found that I cannot live without is the ability to drag an e-mail into my calendar resulting in an appointment window popping up with the content of the e-mail in body of the appointment. Because I can't find anyway to do this in Entourage I have relegated myself to running Parallels so I can maintain this feature by running Outlook 2007 (which is a huge drain on my computer resources). I did notice that there is an update to Entourage that took place recently that focused on the exchange capabilities of Entourage but did it by chance also allow the opportunity to drag e-mails into the calendar to conveniently add new appointments?

Thank you!
  Aaron

Hey Aaron... I have the SAME problem... my work-around is to use the
LINK feature (which I like much better that OUTLOOK). I create a
CALENDAR entry via LINK - new. If there is information in the email I
want to read from my iPhone, I cut and paste into the new calendar
entry. Ken

K

Kerry

Thank you!
Aaron

One thing I found interesting your post is your use of Parallels and
the drain on resources. With the issues in sync services and Entourage
I had thought about using this approach of yours. However, I felt that
the drain on resources was a bit much plus I didn't want to live in
Windows.

I did notice another poster here mentioned links and how he prefers
them. I do too. Outlook doesn't have this feature but rather imbedded
hyper-links which I never liked. I'd use the link feature from your
message and just create a new link to a Calendar event to keep them
related. I don't know how much you've played around with links but
they are great as you can really tie together a lot of important
relationships between anything.

S

Stephan Beckmann

I know what you mean.... You may mark your Email as a task which occurs in
the "MyDay" window instead of the calendar, it's a different approach but
works perfectly and with a doubleklick on the Task in MyDay you are back in
the original Email

Cheers
Stephan

B

biased_perspective

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I have read a tutorial on "links" and have found it useful. The MyDay suggestion has also worked along with the scripts feature.

Thanks again!
Aaron

Ask a Question