Entourage - "Mail Cannot Be Received At This Time"

M

ModoReese

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I have a user with a strange Entourage problem.

A couple of days ago, in the middle of the afternoon, Entourage started requesting a password to access email. He had not recently changed his password -- he wasn't even working in Entourage at the time, but since then, he has not been able to log into his email. When he tries, he gets the error message "Mail Cannot Be Received at this time", and some text indicating the username or password has failed.

Since then, I have established the following:

* no one else is having email issues
* he can successfully log into webmail
* we can successfully set up the Mail.app using the same settings Entourage is rejecting
* I can successfully set up Entourage on my laptop using his credentials
* I created a new account on his Mac, and could NOT successfully set up a connection using his credentials

This leads me to believe the problem is with Entourage. I'm not keen on reinstalling because he has extensive custom contact groups set up and rebuilding those would be a huge hassle.

We are running Exchange 2003 and Entourage 2004.

Some other notes: We've tried changing his password -- twice. Webmail and SMB shares have no problem, Entourage still claims the password doesn't work. The Exchange server is on our local LAN, and he can reach it no problem. I have deleted Exchange passwords from the keychain and ran Keychain first aid.

I've tried deleting the preferences to no avail. Is there any other place this sort of login info is kept?

Any suggestions as to how I can get him up and running?

Ask a Question