Issues with emails that are went to an Exchange account

A

Adrian_Chen

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: Exchange

I got a customer that has configured in his Entourage 2008 an Exchange account, for some reason he says that sometimes emails get in, sometimes they don't; if he gets in webmail he can see lets say 20 emails, but when he checks it in his Entourage some emails show up, some doesn't, sometimes there's no email (even if there is when he checks by web).

I don't know much about Exchange, does he has to be in his company's network for his exchange account to work? I noticed when he came by that at the top of the mailboxes (in the main interface) it said Not connected, and I checked around and didn't see any connect or similar option.

There's a co-worker that went to his office and he says that everything was working fine, hence why I was asking if the customer has to be in his office for his email to work (?).

His Office is completely updated, by the way.

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Hi,
I got a customer that has configured in his Entourage 2008 an Exchange
account, for some reason he says that sometimes emails get in, sometimes
they don't; if he gets in webmail he can see lets say 20 emails, but
when he checks it in his Entourage some emails show up, some doesn't,
sometimes there's no email (even if there is when he checks by web).

Typically, that's an issue with e-mails sent from a mobile device like
an iPhone for instance. The server doesn't store e-mails sent through
Active Sync in a proper format and Entourage cannot parse them.
I believe there is a patch for that for Exchange.

Corentin

A

Adrian_Chen

Well, it would be hard to know from where they were sent, but I'd guess most were sent from a computer.

Would that be the only reason this could be happening? As for the patch, is it available to be downloaded manually? Because if it's thru the Software Update, he should have it already (or is this a server update?).

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Well, it would be hard to know from where they were sent, but I'd guess
most were sent from a computer.

Then there is no known reason for Entourage not to display them,
Would that be the only reason this could be happening? As for the patch,
is it available to be downloaded manually? Because if it's thru the
Software Update, he should have it already (or is this a server
update?).

It's a server update.
(though if you're not up to date with Office itself, it doesn't hurt to
update there either :-> Try lo9oking or updates in the Help menu in
Entourage).

Corentin

A

Adrian_Chen

The customer says that the emails that are sent to him (that show up in webmail but not when he checks from his Entourage) aren't sent from a mobile device.

I asked him for further information:

Exchange 2003 build 6.576.38.1

They say that "supposedly" all the updates that were available were installed. Also, it seems that some MailMarsh was updated (they use that program to filter spam).

Just in case, the emails do show up when he checks via webmail, but those same emails that appear as new don't show up when he checks in Entourage.

Does the "Not connected" thing that show up at the top-left (at the top of the mailboxes) has anything to do with this?

Ask a Question