Excel Chart Into PowerPoint Presentation

I

Irish_23

This challenge involves Excel 2004 for Mac and PowerPoint 2004 for Mac. Trying to copy and paste Excel worksheet into new blank slide on PowerPoint.

A proposal I'm working on uses PowerPoint.

On page 10, I want to insert a small spreadsheet Which I created in Excel. Cool.

Setting the Print Area, in Excel, I am copying and pasting into PowerPoint. It mostly successfully Copies.

The dilemma is that once it gets cut and pasted, half of the spreadsheet chart disappears.

See, it shows the left hand Side of the chart about 7 columns, and it shows the placeholders or Outside corner and midway moving boxes.

But it won't show The Header, or the gridlines or the right hand half of the Excel sheet-the remaining 7 columns.

I first encountered this copying an old spreadsheet and thought it was a problem because of an earlier edition of Excel or a limit within PowerPoint.

But the gremlin I suspect is in PowerPoint in putting an unseen limit or frame on what it will display from imported Excel.

Keeping the chart in PowerPoint, I went back and copied the cells that are not displayed in the first attempt.

Now they successfully cut and paste and display.

My thinking is that there is a restriction, limiter, governor, extra placeholder something which is compromising all of the copied area from be fully displayed.

I may have unknowingly and certainly unintentionally locked in a shield or space designator which I can't find a way to reverse or undo.

I've revisited Preferences/ Tools and have Unprotected the sheet.

I have accessed Auditing and told it to remove all Trace arrows I've returned to page set-up and added gridlines I've gone back to preferences and within view options have added or deleted Placeholders.

Also went in through the application. Accessing PowerPoint, I told it to find the chart and insert it as an object-which it did - with the same dilemma of the right hand half being rendered invisible. The frame of the Print Area is there, but half of it is hidden and I can't figure out how to unhide.

Have also tried just pasting it as a Hyper-link and that doesn't work.

Used Preview application to try to take a picture of whole chart and insert it, but the Excel chart is unaccessible in preview mode.

The data is there- I just can't seem to remove this extra layer of protection which is slowing me down and eating up too much of my time to figure out.

Any suggestions what else I can try to remove this, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Irish 23 (February 20th, 2008)

J

Jim Gordon MVP

This challenge involves Excel 2004 for Mac and PowerPoint 2004 for Mac. Trying to copy and paste Excel worksheet into new blank slide on PowerPoint.

A proposal I'm working on uses PowerPoint.

On page 10, I want to insert a small spreadsheet Which I created in Excel. Cool.

Setting the Print Area, in Excel, I am copying and pasting into PowerPoint. It mostly successfully Copies.

The dilemma is that once it gets cut and pasted, half of the spreadsheet chart disappears.

See, it shows the left hand Side of the chart about 7 columns, and it shows the placeholders or Outside corner and midway moving boxes.

But it won't show The Header, or the gridlines or the right hand half of the Excel sheet-the remaining 7 columns.

I first encountered this copying an old spreadsheet and thought it was a problem because of an earlier edition of Excel or a limit within PowerPoint.

But the gremlin I suspect is in PowerPoint in putting an unseen limit or frame on what it will display from imported Excel.

Keeping the chart in PowerPoint, I went back and copied the cells that are not displayed in the first attempt.

Now they successfully cut and paste and display.

My thinking is that there is a restriction, limiter, governor, extra placeholder something which is compromising all of the copied area from be fully displayed.

I may have unknowingly and certainly unintentionally locked in a shield or space designator which I can't find a way to reverse or undo.

I've revisited Preferences/ Tools and have Unprotected the sheet.

I have accessed Auditing and told it to remove all Trace arrows I've returned to page set-up and added gridlines I've gone back to preferences and within view options have added or deleted Placeholders.

Also went in through the application. Accessing PowerPoint, I told it to find the chart and insert it as an object-which it did - with the same dilemma of the right hand half being rendered invisible. The frame of the Print Area is there, but half of it is hidden and I can't figure out how to unhide.

Have also tried just pasting it as a Hyper-link and that doesn't work.

Used Preview application to try to take a picture of whole chart and insert it, but the Excel chart is unaccessible in preview mode.

The data is there- I just can't seem to remove this extra layer of protection which is slowing me down and eating up too much of my time to figure out.

Any suggestions what else I can try to remove this, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Irish 23 (February 20th, 2008)

Hi,

As an embedded object the window area is weird for an Excel worksheet.

I recommend that you use Shift + Edit > Copy Picture or make a screen
shot of the worksheet and insert the picture into your presentation.

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

Ask a Question