Formatting Palette and Spaces

J

Joshua

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I've had no luck in getting Office '08 to play nice with Spaces.

My 1st problem occurs when using the dock to select an office app that currently resides in a different space (ie I'm in space 2 and Excel is in space 1). If I click on the Excel icon in this situation, their is no guarantee that when I move back to Space 2 I'll be able to see any of my Excel documents that are open. I solved this by assigning Excel (and all office apps) to Space 1 permanently, not ideal and I'd love some suggestions on how to fix this.

Now, I'm running into an issue where using any office App and Spaces leads to a wandering Formatting Palette.
1: I Switch from space 1 where all office apps are forced to reside to space 2
2: I Switch back to Space 1
3: Immediately upon arriving in space 1 I find myself being kicked back to space 2 and the contents of the formatting Palette come with me. Sometimes I'll be kicked back 2 or 3 times in a row before being allowed to stay in space 1, but all of the contents of the formatting Palette remain behind in space 2.

The current fix when this happens is to click on the title bar of the Formatting Palette that is present in Space 1, let it carry me back to Space 2 (rejoining the title bar with the contents of the Formatting Palette) and then use the keyboard while still holding on to the Formatting Palette to switch back to Space 1 where my document resides.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get this to stop? It almost renders office unusable. The only reason this isn't a deal breaker is that I can usually get about a half an hour of use before this starts happening.

B

Bob Greenblatt

Office programs "not playing nice" with Spaces is a known issue. Hopefully
both Apple and Microsoft are working on a fix. Until then, don't use Spaces.

S

Simon

Bob, do you work for MS? As that sure sounds like a MS response :)

I had a problem with Viso where undo was greyed out. I found a KB about it, and MS answer was to "manually put back the object to where it was before"

B

Bob Greenblatt

Bob, do you work for MS? As that sure sounds like a MS response :)

I had a problem with Viso where undo was greyed out. I found a KB about it,
and MS answer was to "manually put back the object to where it was before"
No of us here work for MS. We are users just like you.

Ask a Question