Help please! Entourage/GMail IMAP Issue -- Mailing List Manager

M

morgan

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
Email Client: imap

Several times now, Entourage, mysteriously and very annoyingly creates a rule in Mailing List Manager for "untitled." It causes all my incoming mail and my sent items to be placed in my "On My Computer INBOX" instead of my IMAP'd GMail folders I've specified in my Account Settings. It also causes some of my GMail inbox items to be marked "Deleted" in GMail and disappear from my Entourage.

On May 30, 2008, Chris Bridges asked a similar question, and Chris Bridges wrote that "Entourage 2004 makes it very easy to accidentally create Mailing List Manager rules when marking items as "Not Junk," and that "Entourage 2008 corrects several annoying behaviors for home users."

Is there still a bug with "Not Junk" or is something else going on here? I am using Entourage 2008, and I can't pinpoint my problem (Entourage creating an unwanted and uninvited rule in Mailing List Manager for "untitled") to my dealing with Junk Mail.

I would appreciate any insight into this problem, as it's both annoying and very timeconsuming to clean up the mess it causes. Thank you!

M

morgan

OK, thank you, Adam. I appreciate your help.

I also wonder if there are other "actions" that can cause this problem, because when this happened yesterday, I don't remember receiving or taking any action on a Junk email.

Also, do you have a recommendation for a better interface for Mac (with Google Mail, that I unfortunately have to use with work)?

Thanks again.

A

Adam Bailey

OK, thank you, Adam. I appreciate your help.

I also wonder if there are other "actions" that can cause this problem,
because when this happened yesterday, I don't remember receiving or taking
any action on a Junk email.

It can either be done by Rules or the Mailing List Manager.
Also, do you have a recommendation for a better interface for Mac (with
Google Mail, that I unfortunately have to use with work)?

That's a matter of opinion. Entourage is an excellent program, it's the
'Not Junk' interface that is terrible.

Ask a Question