How do I send a calendar event to someone via email

L

LOV2KRZ

I'm using Entourage and Outlook as my main calendars/Address Book. I use Outlook because it will sync directly with my Windows Mobil 6 Phone without the hassle of iCal and Address Book. I also use Pocket Quicken and that's not supported on the Mac. With that said Outlook is here for a while until someone can figure out how to sync with Entourage without going through iSync (categories are lost which are very important to me)

I can send anyone a calendar event or address card from Outlook, like my wife, so she doesn't have to enter all of the data, just open the attachment to the email and save it in her Outlook.

I want to be able to do the same thing when I schedule a calendar event (I do not want to use the Invite Function because it doesn't recognize my email address and I don't want it listed as a Task) in Entourage. I do this to share events with others and my Outlook file. Export won't let me export just one event.

There has to be a way of using Entourage email to send a calendar event but I can't find the solution anywhere on Mactopia.

Any help is appreciated. I can send an address card from Entourage via email even-though some data gets corrupted (address fields in particular) and category's get dropped.

Thanks for your help.

W

William Smith

I want to be able to do the same thing when I schedule a calendar
event (I do not want to use the Invite Function because it doesn't
recognize my email address and I don't want it listed as a Task) in
Entourage. I do this to share events with others and my Outlook file.
Export won't let me export just one event.

Look for the Calendar Views in the folder list on the left. Select one
such as "Free Events" or "Next 7 Days" -- something that should contain
your event. (You can create your own calendar view if necessary.)

Locate an event you'd like to send and drag it into a new mail message.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows
Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>

L

LOV2KRZ

Thanks for the help.

I wish I would have thought that a simple drag and drop would be the solution.

Ask a Question