Make the Scrapbook work with the "Clipping Service" in OS X

T

tonysteward

The Scrapbook in the Mac Office 2008 Toolbox is a great idea but I think that it's implementation needs to go to the next level. In Circus Ponies Notebook program you are able to add a Clipping Service to any document or any part of a document. Then that Clipping destination shows up in the Right-Click context menu.

By doing this one is able to clip all sorts of information from pdfs, websites, emails, etc. into this one specific location. You can even auto-sort the information by creation date, etc.

This kind of functionality for the Mac Office Scrapbook would be absolutely killer, especially if combined with the Project Center in Entourage. Then one would be able to clip information they come across in their office apps, web browser and any where else into the "Clippings" for a certain project.

The Clippings Service in Mac OS X supports Rich Text clips, so even Images and such could be preserved in the clippings and then redistributed into Word, Excel and Powerpoint in a highly streamline way.
----

Would anyone else find this as valuable as I would?

D

Daiya Mitchell

I think this is a great idea, and Office certainly needs to start
integrating with Services.

It's great to post feature requests here, and to encourage other people
to make the same feature request, but to make sure that MS hears your
voice and counts your vote, you need to either:

Use Help | Send Feedback in the appropriate Office app.

Visit the suggestions website:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/suggestions.mspx

Just like you do in this post, explain to the MacBU how you would use
this feature. That's more useful to them than just a "I want X!" :)

T

tonysteward

Already sent the same thing as feedback. I just wanted to see if anyone else would find this useful. There are many Mac users unaware of the power of the Services menu, let alone new switchers.

Thanks for the heads up!

And additions to this idea, or would anyone else find this useful?

Ask a Question