Multiple Entourage Problems

C

CALF

My Entourage 2004 has gone crazy. It keeps downloading old messages and keeps moving them so I can hardly click on one. I almost never got it to stop, trying rebuilding the database, quitting out of it, and restarting the computer. It finally did stop when I rearranged the emails by From instead of Received. Then I started deleting them--by the thousands. I am only part way done. I decided to try to get rid of the ones I had put in the Deleted folder by closing out of Entourage. Most of the time, it pays no attention, it doesn't delete the messages, and it stays on. One time the sliding bar came out, and I thought it was actually deleting them this time, but when I went back inside Entourage, the messages were still there. Oftentimes, I will get an error message saying that my attempt to delete one or more messages is an action that cannot be completed #4352, I think. I am at a loss and have spent hours and hours trying to fix this problem. I don't want to reinstall Office for fear of losing valuable items. Any suggestions? Has anyone ever even heard of these problems?

G

Gazzygurl

I also experienced allot of problems once I set up Entourage. The page will jump all over the place going up & down and the slider on the right will not let me use it to make the page stop. Now I also noticed it when I opened up Safari but not Netscape. Does anyone know how to fix this? Calf & myself can't be the only two Mac users that have had or have this problem. Please any advise would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Gazzygurl

D

Diane Ross

My Entourage 2004 has gone crazy. It keeps downloading old messages and keeps
moving them so I can hardly click on one. I almost never got it to stop,
trying rebuilding the database, quitting out of it, and restarting the
computer. It finally did stop when I rearranged the emails by From instead of
Received. Then I started deleting them--by the thousands. I am only part way
done. I decided to try to get rid of the ones I had put in the Deleted folder
by closing out of Entourage. Most of the time, it pays no attention, it
doesn't delete the messages, and it stays on. One time the sliding bar came
out, and I thought it was actually deleting them this time, but when I went
back inside Entourage, the messages were still there.

Are the messages in Deleted Items folder, still on your server? I would log
into your account via your web interface and delete items there.

Keeping thousands of items in your Deleted Items folder, isn't good
practice.

You don't mention if this is an IMAP or POP account.
Oftentimes, I will get
an error message saying that my attempt to delete one or more messages is an
action that cannot be completed #4352, I think. I am at a loss and have spent
hours and hours trying to fix this problem. I don't want to reinstall Office
for fear of losing valuable items. Any suggestions? Has anyone ever even heard
of these problems?

This error indicates some kind of corruption. Could be a message, a pref
file or your database.

Ask a Question