Not receiving or sending emails through Entourage

K

kemmons

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: Exchange

This morning when I logged onto my computer and then Entourage, my email was sending and receiving emails fine. After about 30 minutes, I stopped receiving emails. I checked to see if it was the server by logging in on through my browser, but that worked. My Entourage does not say it's not connected to the server and the automatic schedule seems to be running fine. I have received no error messages at all.

One email I was sending while on the browser showed up as a "draft" in my Entourage as I was writing it. But other than that, I have no idea what happened. My co-worker had this happen last week. Hers just started working again after a re-start. I've re-started 3 times and no-go. She's out of the office, so I can't ask her what else she did. I'm not tech savvy enough to understand the detailed "what if's" or "have you tried?" so any answer would have to be tailored to dummies. Any help would be appreciated.

K

kemmons

An addendum...people are receiving emails that I send through my Entourage email. I am just not receiving any replies through Entourage.

A

Adam Bailey

This morning when I logged onto my computer and then Entourage, my email
was sending and receiving emails fine. After about 30 minutes, I stopped
receiving emails. I checked to see if it was the server by logging in on
through my browser, but that worked. My Entourage does not say it's not
connected to the server and the automatic schedule seems to be running
fine. I have received no error messages at all.

Can you send email? That will confirm if your connection to the server is
still working.

If so, let's try rebuilding your Inbox and forcing an update. Control-click
your Inbox and choose Folder Properties > Empty Cache.

K

kemmons

I can send. I've sent a couple of test emails and then checked in my browser to view replies and both people said they received the test emails. And both people are off site and not on our server.

K

kemmons

Adam, that worked. thank you very much. Since I'm tech challenged...can you explain to me WHY this worked?

A

Adam Bailey

Adam, that worked. thank you very much. Since I'm tech challenged...can
you explain to me WHY this worked?

I don't know, other than to say that sometimes Entourage loses its
connection to a folder. Emptying the cache forces Entourage to reestablish
its sync. Consider it a tune-up.

Ask a Question