Obvious Entourage features don't exist?

R

Raconteur

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi gang,

We are TRYING to use Entourage's Projects system within our small group, but either we cannot figure out these simple, fundamental tasks or else they just don't exist... which, frankly, is just embarrassing.

1) Is there a way to automatically send out a notification to all subscribed members when a new file is added?

2) Same for Tasks. We create a new task, and it appears on the creator's computer, but is not propagated to other subscribers.

Ahhh... as I am writing this, I just had two Tasks show up (20 minutes after creation). Is there a "force-sync" or some other way to control this?

3) In the Contacts panel, I can only add new contacts by clicking the Add button (meaning I cannot drag contacts in from an email message or address book), and then the only option I get to choose from is the local address book, not the LDAP server or anywhere else for that matter.

What gives? This could be such a great tool, but has just been insanely frustrating as we make (obvious) assumptions about how the software should work, but doesn't.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me I am just using it incorrectly and point me toward the light?

Cheers,

Chris

Ask a Question