Opening a specific file from Quick Access Toolbar Word 2010

Reaction score
Is there a way to open a previously saved document from the quick access tool bar. I have a client that would like to have a file saved with their letter head and would like to open it from the quick access tool bar. I suggested to pin the document in the recent documents section. Also, using a macro and quick parts (building blocks organizer), but they aren't happy with those choices. The end user wants to get the letter head from the quick access tool bar, but I am not sure how to do make that work. I appreciate any help/ advice. Thanks!

Reaction score
I am still new to this site and didn't see a way of editing what I wrote above so please ignore it. I want to know if there is a way to open a particular file from the quick access tool bar in Word 2010.

Reaction score
I am still new to this site and didn't see a way of editing what I wrote above so please ignore it. I want to know if there is a way to open a particular file from the quick access tool bar in Word 2010.

I have changed to topic title for you :)

I think the best way to do it would be using a Macro. Once it is set up it would do exactly what they want, is there a reason they are not happy with this as an option?

To set it up: Select Macros from the View tab of the ribbon, then select Record Macro from the drop down list. You then need to specify a name for the macro (eg OpenLetterhead) and then choose the option to assign the macro to a button. It will then bring up the option to edit the Quick Access Toolbar - select the macro from the list on the right and click Add, then OK. The macro is now recording, so you need to perform the task you want it to do. Open the file, then go back to the Macro options and select Stop Recording. The button for the macro appears in the Quick Access Toolbar.

Hope this helps!

Ask a Question