Resources - unnecessarily over allocating

S

sscaff1

When assigning resources, I notice that Project does not allocate the same amount work to each person. For example, Tasks 1 thru 10 have 5 identical resources assigned to them. So I assign the 5 resources to the 10 tasks. When I go to resource usage; however, resource 5 has 198 hours of work and is now ever allocated. Resource 1 only has 42 hours of work. Resource 2 has 44hours and so forth. Why does this happen?

I'm assigning resources to the task 1 at a time. I notice that if I select all 5 resources at once and assign all 5 to the task that my duration time is not decreased - why?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

T

The Project Management Workshop

When assigning resources, I notice that Project does not allocate the same amount work to each person. For example, Tasks 1 thru 10 have 5 identicalresources assigned to them. So I assign the 5 resources to the 10 tasks. When I go to resource usage; however, resource 5 has 198 hours of work and is now ever allocated. Resource 1 only has 42 hours of work. Resource 2 has 44 hours and so forth. Why does this happen?

I'm assigning resources to the task 1 at a time. I notice that if I select all 5 resources at once and assign all 5 to the task that my duration time is not decreased - why?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Are you using effort driven and check the calendars being used

Ask a Question