"Slide show" always takes me to Presenter Tools

S

squalor

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hi,

For some reason recently PowerPoint started to do this thing where whenever I press the "slide show" button it starts up the presenter tools rather than showing me a full screen of my presentation. This would seem like an easy fix but I can't for the life of me figure out how to switch views. Any help?

Thanks!

J

Jeff_Chapman

Hello,

Normally, the Presenter Tools show up when you are connected to an external projector. (I have a Mac mini connected to an external _monitor_ via the DVI port, but it doesn't go into Presenter Tools view when I enter Slide Show mode.) You can manually show the Presenter Tools by going to the Slide Show - View Presenter Tools menu.

There doesn't seem to be a way to toggle this in the PowerPoint preferences; but if you disable or disconnect the external projector, you should be seeing the regular single-slide view in Slide Show mode without the Presenter Tools.

Just to be sure, go to Slide Show - Set Up Show and make sure that "Presented by a speaker (full screen)" is selected.

Also, go to the Apple menu - System Preferences - Displays icon and confirm that you are configured with only one monitor. If you see two dialogs come up, you are configured for two monitors, and may not be able to turn Presenter View off.

Does this help?

Jeff

P

Priyanka

Hello,

Normally, the Presenter Tools show up when you are connected to an external projector. (I have a Mac mini connected to an external _monitor_ via theDVI port, but it doesn't go into Presenter Tools view when I enter Slide Show mode.) You can manually show the Presenter Tools by going to the Slide Show - View Presenter Tools menu.

There doesn't seem to be a way to toggle this in the PowerPoint preferences; but if you disable or disconnect the external projector, you should be seeing the regular single-slide view in Slide Show mode without the Presenter Tools.

Just to be sure, go to Slide Show - Set Up Show and make sure that "Presented by a speaker (full screen)" is selected.

Also, go to the Apple menu - System Preferences - Displays icon and confirm that you are configured with only one monitor. If you see two dialogs come up, you are configured for two monitors, and may not be able to turn Presenter View off.

Does this help?

Jeff

You can also view full screen Slideshow on both monitors if you turn
mirroring on (System Preferences, Displays, Arrangement).
Hope this helps.

-Priyanka

S

squalor

Ah! I had recently had an external monitor attached, but the problem was that my computer had failed to notice that the external monitor was no longer attached. I had to make the system preferences re-detect for an external monitor and once it noticed that none was there, Presenter Tools view went away. Thanks!

P

Priyanka

Ah! I had recently had an external monitor attached, but the problem was that my computer had failed to notice that the external monitor was no longer attached. I had to make the system preferences re-detect for an externalmonitor and once it noticed that none was there, Presenter Tools view wentaway. Thanks!

Hi,

Can you tell me what exact version of PowerPoint are you using?
Also is this scenario reproducable?

Thanks!
-Priyanka

A

Andrew Planck

I have the opposite problem. I was trying to prepare a PowerPoint presentation using Presenter Tools and when I'd move the arrow, using the trackpad, from the thumbnail sketches of the slides on the left into the area of the main slide, the program would spontaneously switch to Slide Show mode and I would lose all of my notes that I needed to speak from. This is a major nuisance. Fortunately by stumbling around, exiting, rebooting, etc., I was able to get Presenter Tools to behave, but I've now got a major worry. If this happens during a presentation I'm up the creek! Why does this happen? Anybody have any advice?

Thanks,
Andrew

squalo wrote:

02-Oct-09

Version: 200
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard
Processor: Inte

Hi

For some reason recently PowerPoint started to do this thing where whenever I press the "slide show" button it starts up the presenter tools rather than showing me a full screen of my presentation. This would seem like an easy fix but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch views. Any help

Thanks!

Previous Posts In This Thread:

Version: 200
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard
Processor: Inte

Hi

For some reason recently PowerPoint started to do this thing where whenever I press the "slide show" button it starts up the presenter tools rather than showing me a full screen of my presentation. This would seem like an easy fix but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch views. Any help

Thanks!

Hello,Normally, the Presenter Tools show up when you are connected to an
Hello

Normally, the Presenter Tools show up when you are connected to an external projector. (I have a Mac mini connected to an external _monitor_ via the DVI port, but it does not go into Presenter Tools view when I enter Slide Show mode.) You can manually show the Presenter Tools by going to the Slide Show - View Presenter Tools menu

There does not seem to be a way to toggle this in the PowerPoint preferences; but if you disable or disconnect the external projector, you should be seeing the regular single-slide view in Slide Show mode without the Presenter Tools

Just to be sure, go to Slide Show - Set Up Show and make sure that "Presented by a speaker (full screen)" is selected

Also, go to the Apple menu - System Preferences - Displays icon and confirm that you are configured with only one monitor. If you see two dialogs come up, you are configured for two monitors, and may not be able to turn Presenter View off

Does this help

Jeff

Ah!
Ah! I had recently had an external monitor attached, but the problem was that my computer had failed to notice that the external monitor was no longer attached. I had to make the system preferences re-detect for an external monitor and once it noticed that none was there, Presenter Tools view went away. Thanks!

al projector.
al projector. (I have a Mac mini connected to an external _monitor_ via the
DVI port, but it does not go into Presenter Tools view when I enter Slide S
how mode.) You can manually show the Presenter Tools by going to the Slide
Show - View Presenter Tools menu
es; but if you disable or disconnect the external projector, you should be
seeing the regular single-slide view in Slide Show mode without the Present
er Tools
nted by a speaker (full screen)" is selected
rm that you are configured with only one monitor. If you see two dialogs co
me up, you are configured for two monitors, and may not be able to turn Pre
senter View off

You can also view full screen Slideshow on both monitors if you tur
mirroring on (System Preferences, Displays, Arrangement)
Hope this helps

-Priyanka

that my computer had failed to notice that the external monitor was no long=er
that my computer had failed to notice that the external monitor was no long=
er attached. I had to make the system preferences re-detect for an external=
monitor and once it noticed that none was there, Presenter Tools view went=
away. Thanks!

Hi,

Can you tell me what exact version of PowerPoint are you using?
Also is this scenario reproducable?

Thanks!
-Priyanka

EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
HTML Vertical Bar Chart
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...250-45f9890eed28/html-vertical-bar-chart.aspx

Ask a Question