The worst software ever

J

JohnnyM

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

I have been using a Mac for 18 years with Office installed all along. Office 2008 is the absolute WORST software program I have ever used. I have never, ever had this much trouble and wasted time with a program. Crash, Crash, Crash, Crash. Try to print something in Word - CRASH. Use a graph in Excel - CRASH. Heck, move your mouse across the menu bar in Word - CRASH. Try to open Powerpoint - CRASH after 2 seconds EVERY TIME. Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Crash, Crash, Crash. I can't even get the new Entourage to import my email. It's a total waste of space on my hard drive. Office X worked very well. I had a few problems with Entourage at first, but they all worked out.

Repair permissions... Nope, that didn't get it. Uninstall, re-install... Nope, that didn't get it. Uninstall, re-install... Nope, that didn't get it.

"Oh, it's not Office. It's something in your user profile that's corrupt. You'll have to create a new one and waste more of your work time." What do you think corrupted it? It wasn't corrupt before I upgraded my Office. Who in the world is reading the 7,648 reports I've submitted every time one of these programs crashes?

Customer support????? You have to pay for that. Paying for the program isn't enough. If you wanted to speak to someone who actually works for the company, you have to fork out more money.

Do you think I'm a little frustrated? You would think that one of the largest corporations in the world could find out what the problem with THEIR software is, and not make me pay to do it myself.

D

Diane Ross

Do you think I'm a little frustrated? You would think that one of the largest
corporations in the world could find out what the problem with THEIR software
is, and not make me pay to do it myself.

I hope you feel better but only your peers are seeing this. This is not an
official Microsoft forum. Send feedback to Microsoft.

When working in Office, you can use the ³Send Feedback² option under the
Help menu in all of the Office applications or visit

<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/suggestions.mspx>

Ask a Question