Word 08/InDesign CS3 issues?

A

aimsed

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

I recently upgraded to the Adobe CS3 suite and immediately had issues with placing Word 2004 documents into InDesign. All special characters (bullets, ellipsis, apostrophes, quotation marks, etc.) were changed to Greek text. I upgraded to Word 2008 to see if it would solve the issue. (Which, by the way, was only happening with files from my computer, not those from my co-workers.) It solved that issue, but created new issues. Now, files from Word 2004 (.doc) have all the previous issues plus the spacing between paragraphs is set to 0p10. Documents I created in Word 2004, but open and save as Word 2008 (.docx) have none of the special character issues or spacing issues, but have font issues (minor, but annoying). Native Word 2008 files have no special characters issues, but have the same 0p10 paragraph spacing issues and the font issue. Any ideas? I have already reset my "Normal" template in Word to eliminate the (ridiculous and aggravating) paragraph spacing default that they changed between versions 04 and 08. Any ideas?

D

Daiya Mitchell

How do you move a Word doc into InDesign? Copy and paste, import, or what?

What exactly does 0p10 mean? Not terminology I'm familiar with.

When you changed the paragraph spacing/reset Normal, exactly *how* did
you do it? I'm guessing that if you didn't redefine the Normal style but
just blocked the 10pt Space After some other way, ID is still reading
10pt Space After in the style definition and kindly bringing it over for
you.

Ask a Question