Word 2007 quick parts integrated with SharePoint 2007 library or list

Reaction score
I have a SharePoint 2007 library that has certain columns which are configured as a "Choice - Check Box" where in theory the user can select one or multiple options from the list of choices. The theory is to use a Word 2007 document (i.e. table constructed as a form) and include this form as a content type within the SharePoint library. The end-user would use this form to create, review, and even update documents within the library.

At this point, I can get drop-down lists to intregrate with the Word form by using Quick Parts and selecting the corresponding column from the Document Property selections.

Problem: I orginally had this library column configured as a "Choice - Checkboxes (allow multiple selections)". However, when I edit the Word form (aka content type), this column option is not included as an available Quick Parts - Document Property option to select and include within the form.

What have I tried? I have tried re-configuring the library column in SharePoint to use "Radio Buttons" and was able to bring this column into the Word form however rather than radio buttons, the Quick Part was converted to a drop-down list.

How can I bring this column (configured as "checkboxes") into the Word form? If not a Quick Part, is there another process for doing this?

Any help is greatly needed!!!

Thanks

Ask a Question