Word Suddenly Crashing Upon Save

K

Kitten

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hello ~

I purchased a MacMini in April, 2008, I believe it was then around August that I installed the Office for Mac 2008 Home & Student Edition.

I have never had any issues, then suddenly 2 days ago, I went to save the doc I was working on and Word crashed and gave me an error message. Since then - I can't save any Word doc. I've tried creating several "test" docs and can't save them.
At first I seemed to be unable to save in any format, now it seems to be only the docx format - which is what I have always used?

I have all the recent updates as far as I know, from both Apple and Word - it says the Word version I am running is 12.1.2

Here is the error log/message I get - this is just with a new document that simply has the word "test" written on it. I've also run the disk utility "repair permissions" and that seems fine - other than the usual 'cups' message.

I would REALLY appreciate any help with this!
Thank you!!!

(There's a huge long list of "thread crashes" too, but I was afraid this post was already way too long?)

Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Date/Time: 2008-09-25 09:14:47 -0500
Application Name: Microsoft Word
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word
Application Signature: MSWD
Application Version: 12.1.2.080729
Crashed Module Name: unknown
Crashed Module Version: unknown
Crashed Module Offset: unknown
Blame Module Name: unknown
Blame Module Version: unknown
Blame Module Offset: unknown
Application LCID: 1033
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409

C

CyberTaz

Hi Kitten -

What specific update of OS X are you using?

Does it help if you Shut Down for a minute or two?

Try running OS X Font Book to resolve any duplicate or corrupt font issues.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

K

Kitten

Hi Kitten -
What specific update of OS X are you using?

Does it help if you Shut Down for a minute or two?

Try running OS X Font Book to resolve any duplicate or corrupt font issues.

Bob Jones

Hi Bob ~
Thanks for answering my post!

Well, these are the last 3 updates in my update history, otherwise I'm not sure how/where to look?

Remote Desktop Client Update 3.2.2
Mac OS X Update 10.5.5
Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 2 1.0

And I just checked and it said my system was up-to-date.

Nothing helps - I think I've shut down about a hundred times since the problem started. I've verified permission, repaired permission, repaired the disk, etc.

Also, I just realized today, if I open a Word doc and do NOTHING to it and just try to close out of Word - I still get the error and the same thing happens?

I'm losing my mind with this.

Thanks again for the help!!

K

Kitten

Hi Kitten -
Hi Bob ~
Thanks for answering my post!

Well, these are the last 3 updates in my update history, otherwise I'm not sure how/where to look?

Remote Desktop Client Update 3.2.2
Mac OS X Update 10.5.5
Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 2 1.0

And I just checked and it said my system was up-to-date.

Nothing helps - I think I've shut down about a hundred times since the problem started. I've verified permission, repaired permission, repaired the disk, etc.

Also, I just realized today, if I open a Word doc and do NOTHING to it and just try to close out of Word - I still get the error and the same thing happens?

I'm losing my mind with this.

Thanks again for the help!!

Oh shoot - sorry, forgot to add - I validated the fonts with Font Book and no serious errors came up and I had it resolve duplicates and there didn't appear to be any.
Thanks!

C

CyberTaz

Please don't post the same issue multiple times - especially as add-ons to
other threads, even if you seem to have a similar problem. Your other post
has been answered but you need to submit a new message.

Bob Jones

C

CyberTaz

The one from "roadzy" as quoted in the reply.

Bob Jones

K

Kitten

Oh ok, I thought so, but just wanted to make sure. I'm sure I break the "rules" on these forums all the time, because I'm always confused about what I'm supposed to do or not supposed to do, etc. (o:

My issue still persists - I think I've been abandoned... )o:

Ask a Question