Yet another error in Task List display

I

ITG_Mike

Because Self Assign ("Assign myself to an existing task") regularly causes data corruption in Project Server 2003, we have been forced to disable the feature. Our PM's now must make all of the task assignments for their resources. Because these assignments happen in advance, a resource is sometimes assigned to a task that others complete before they do any work

Since the task is already complete, the resource enters zero in the remaining work field and updates. Thus, they have an assignment with actual work =0 and remaining work =0. The PM approves and updates the time into the project

BUT... When the resource returns to their task list, the assignment is still present. It should be gone (from the list of current tasks) since there is no remaining work and the PM has completed the update

IMPORTAN
I am not posting this because I want a workaround. Our use of Project Server features a new workaround almost every week. I am posting this to ask how we communicate these bugs (and this is a bug) to Microsoft such that the submission is acknowledged and there is some chance that this actually gets fixed. Anyone know how to get Microsoft to respond? This problem is just today’s issue. I have another dozen-plus things like this that should be addressed

Mik

P.S. Just to keep someone from responding, I KNOW I could have the resource hide the task. However, this creates other issues and they should not have to hide it. It should be gone based on the entry of remaining work = 0!

Ask a Question