animation - entire text box moves

C

crush3

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Recently I began having animation problems. When I apply simple entrance animation to a text box containing a bulleted list, the animation causes the entire set of bullets to enter at once, rather than one at a time. I can't seem to find any options that affect this. I have worked with the file in *.ppt format as well as */pptx. I tried one suggestion I saw about creating a copy of the file and deleting all slides, then applying animation to the Slide Master and pasting the slides back into the new file, but that didn't work either.

C

crush3

I just looked at an old presentation from 9 months ago. Animations seem to work fine, but the Animations palette for the animated slides does not show any effects applied!

C

CyberTaz

Check the Text Animation settings at the bottom of the Custom Animation
palette in the Toolbox. It sounds like Group Text is set to either 'As one
object' or 'All paragraphs at once'. Set it to '1st Level'.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

P

pluffypluffy

Unfortunately, I'm running into the same problem as Crush3 and I tried clicking "1st Level". This doesn't seem to fix the problem.

P

pluffypluffy

I just looked at an old presentation from 9 months ago. Animations seem to work fine, but the Animations palette for the animated slides does not show any effects applied!

Crush 3, I figured it out!!!

After you apply the entrance animation to a text box containing a bulleted list, the animation causes the entire set of bullets to enter at once, rather than one at a time, correct? This is because you must click the little gray triangle arrow next to the "Content Placeholder."

Now, do you see how when you click the gray arrow, a list appears underneath "Content Placeholder" and there are more "placeholders" for each bullet.

You need to select "On Click" for each one, because they are automatically set to "With Previous." Does this make sense?

Hope this helps!

Ask a Question