Autocomplete and Spelling problems in Powerpoint - Again.

T

Tommy_S

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Hi all,

Much the same as Khaled in the previous post I am having difficulties with the autcapitalise feature adding a spelling error style red line under the letters after the first capital letter.

Eg, if I type, "autotext" powerpoint auto capitalises the A but i'm left with "utotext" underlined in red.

As if the spellcheck was ignoring the automatically capitalised letter. Unusually if I right click the underlined word to correct the spelling there is no menu for the spell check, only the usual options for a right click.

Any help much appreciated!

C

CyberTaz

I don't know if you can provide a better example - the reason autotext &
Autotext are marked as misspelled is because they *are*... Either way is
wrong. If you type it as AutoText - which is the correct spelling of the
feature - the red underlining will not appear.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

T

Tommy_S

OK,

A better example would be "annoying" and the "nnoying" would be underlined red after the automatic capitalisation of the "a" to "A".

Thanks for help.

C

CyberTaz

Sorry, Tommy, I'm still not seeing this at all.

As long as the capitalization is done to an otherwise properly spelled word
no underlining occurs. I'd suggest you make sure everything is fully updated
and that you check your Language & keyboard input settings.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

J

Jeff Chapman

Try selecting the entire text box, change the language of the
text box and see if that solves the issue. I've had a similar
problem before, but I recall that changing the language of
the presentation or the object I was working with fixed the
problem.

Jeff

M

May

I have exactly the same problems. Jeff's and CyberTaz' advice does not work. I have to fix the default language every time I spellcheck each page or each word. the change does not remain set - it always reverts back to US English as the default. Selecting the entire text box will only work on that page. There does not seem to be a way to fix the language for the whole document. And exactly as Tommy says, it does not seem to recognize that the auto capital is connected to the other letters to make a legitimate word. It is really infuriating. I'm convinced it is yet another ridiculous Microsoft incompetence.

Ask a Question