BCWP and BCWS not equal when task is 100% complete

• Thread starter Robert Watson-Hemphill
  • Start date
R

Robert Watson-Hemphill

Hello. Looking for some advice on what I've done that keeps BCWP from equaling BCWS when a task is 100% complete and status date equals task finish date. BCWP is currently 75% of BCWS, and if I advance my status date 18 days past the finish date of the task, the numbers equal.

For reference, I have a non-effort driven, fixed duration task that is 100% complete (%complete and %work complete equals 100), the baseline and actual durations are equal, remaining work equal zero, and baseline and actual start and finish dates equal.

Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help

J

Joe Raiti

Did you have any luck with this question? I am having a very similar issue and have not yet determined the solution

Thanks

----- Robert Watson-Hemphill wrote: ----

Hello. Looking for some advice on what I've done that keeps BCWP from equaling BCWS when a task is 100% complete and status date equals task finish date. BCWP is currently 75% of BCWS, and if I advance my status date 18 days past the finish date of the task, the numbers equal.

For reference, I have a non-effort driven, fixed duration task that is 100% complete (%complete and %work complete equals 100), the baseline and actual durations are equal, remaining work equal zero, and baseline and actual start and finish dates equal.

J

JackD

When was the task originally scheduled?
This is what is important in calculating BCWS. If the task has changed from
the baseline then you will get a variance in BCWS.
Take a look at the baseline start and finish for the task. If you see that
they are different from the actual dates then there is no problem except
with your expectations.

-Jack

Joe Raiti said:
Did you have any luck with this question? I am having a very similar
issue and have not yet determined the solution.
Thanks,

----- Robert Watson-Hemphill wrote: -----

Hello. Looking for some advice on what I've done that keeps BCWP from
equaling BCWS when a task is 100% complete and status date equals task
finish date. BCWP is currently 75% of BCWS, and if I advance my status date
18 days past the finish date of the task, the numbers equal.
For reference, I have a non-effort driven, fixed duration task that
is 100% complete (%complete and %work complete equals 100), the baseline and
actual durations are equal, remaining work equal zero, and baseline and
actual start and finish dates equal.

R

Robert Watson-Hemphill

Thanks for the tip. Actually, the dates for baseline & actual start and finish are the same, which is what has me scratching my head. I apologize for being unclear on that. Any other advice

----- JackD wrote: ----

When was the task originally scheduled
This is what is important in calculating BCWS. If the task has changed fro
the baseline then you will get a variance in BCWS
Take a look at the baseline start and finish for the task. If you see tha
they are different from the actual dates then there is no problem excep
with your expectations

-Jac

Joe Raiti said:
Did you have any luck with this question? I am having a very simila
issue and have not yet determined the solutionequaling BCWS when a task is 100% complete and status date equals tas
finish date. BCWP is currently 75% of BCWS, and if I advance my status dat
18 days past the finish date of the task, the numbers equalis 100% complete (%complete and %work complete equals 100), the baseline an
actual durations are equal, remaining work equal zero, and baseline an
actual start and finish dates equal

J

joe raiti

Robert

I am continuing to research this problem and I noticed that MSP calculates the Fixed cost field without my knowledge. It appears to be related to the discrepancies I am seeing with BCWS. I'll let you know if I make any other determinations

Thanks
Jo

----- Robert Watson-Hemphill wrote: ----

Ask a Question