Can't enter data in form view

Reaction score
I have created a simple table with which I have created a form to write back data to this table. I can go directly into the table itself and enter in new data, so I know that the table is updateable. However, I'm unable to enter in anything into the actual Form View. In the past I was able to create a subform that was able to write back data to this table, but only as a datasheet view. Any help would be appreciated. It has been a little while since I have created a form, but I don't see why this isn't working. Also, I'm using 2010.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I have created a simple table with which I have created a form to write back data to this table. I can go directly into the table itself and enter in new data, so I know that the table is updateable. However, I'm unable to enter in anything into the actual Form View. In the past I was able to create a subform that was able to write back data to this table, but only as a datasheet view. Any help would be appreciated. It has been a little while since I have created a form, but I don't see why this isn't working. Also, I'm using 2010.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
The problem stems from being unable to append to a blank table,
To work around you need to have a dummy record in the table and then the records will append properly.

I don't know why this happens, only that it is annoying :)

Hope this helps,
Tommy

Ask a Question