How To Move or Copy A Calendar Event ?

S

Simon_J.A._Simpson

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC
Email Client: pop

Frequently I find I have a calendar event that I want copy and move to a later month (a recurring but irregular event such as a meeting). In 'Month' view I can drag and drop this using the 'Option' key to duplicate it. So far, so good. But occasionally (or 'frequently' this year) I have found that subsequent months do not appear on the bottom of the 'Month View' page. What to do then ?

Using the contextual menu on the calendar event I note that there are two options to 'Move to' and 'Copy to'. Well both these two options are greyed-out and are not, therefore, available. If I open the calendar event I have the option to 'Move to' and 'Copy to' using the 'Event' drop-down menu from the menu bar but, again, both greyed-out and unavailable. Indeed all the choices on the 'Event' menu are greyed-out.

Methinks I have inadvertently set something which is not allowing me to 'move' and 'copy' events via the menus (although drag and drop works fine). Or perhaps this 'move' and 'copy’ are not what I believe them to be.

I would be most grateful for some help with this.

Good wishes to all.

C

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Using the contextual menu on the calendar event I note that there are
two options to 'Move to' and 'Copy to'. Well both these two options are
greyed-out and are not, therefore, available.

This is used to move events to a different calendar (eg: Exchange). Not
to move them in time,
The commands are dimmed when you only have one calendar.

Corentin

Ask a Question