Importing/Exporting Excel and Visio

C

Chris C

I am currently building process maps in Visio 2000 that utilize horizontal swim lanes to illustrate the path of certain forms that touch multiple groups. At the same time, I would like to build process flows in excel that have a row for each step (or shape) in the process and what group is performing that step (the groups will be in their own swim lanes). That way, I can add times in excel and calculate the benefits of eliminating/altering certain steps, while utilizing the visual capabilities of Visio to determine how the process can be altered.

Is it possible to export the Visio flow charts into this type of excel process flow, or to take an excel process flow and export it into Visio? I am going to be creating hundreds of these process maps and flows so it would be useful if I could do this. Please help in any way you can. Thanks.

Ask a Question