Outlook and BlackBerry

T

Tabvla

I have the following questions with respect to MS Outlook and BlackBerry.

1. Is it possible to sync Outlook with a BlackBerry?

If the answer to Q1 is "Yes", then...

2. Are these sync features built into Outlook and BlackBerry or are 3rd-party addons needed?

3. Are the sync features reliable?

4. How is sync implemented? (USB; Wireless; Infrared... etc)

5. Are the sync features easy to implement for a non-technical person or is a "techie" needed to setup the system?

6. Is the sync functionality available in both Outlook for Windows and Outlook for Mac and are they essentially the same?

7. Could a user have a PC, a Mac and a BlackBerry and sync all 3 systems with relative ease and without the need for complex multiple steps and 3rd-party sync software?

8. Are there any other considerations? (Outlook version, Windows version, OS X version, BlackBerry model.... etc)

TiA

T.

R

Roady [MVP]

1) Yes.
2) See the documentation of your BlackBerry to see which sync application is
needed for your phone.
3-8) All depends on the sync application that your phone supports and not on
Outlook. Contact BlackBerry support for this.

T

Tabvla

Hello Robert, thank you for your reply.

I am currently considering purchasing the new BB 9000 when it becomes available at the end of July, and therefore am not as yet a BlackBerry customer; do not have access to the BB manual and cannot obtain any information from BB Support.

BB pre-sales have proved less than helpful in answering these questions that is why I was hoping that someone on this Forum may have practical experience of syncing Outlook with a BlackBerry.

T.

Ask a Question