Printing Options????

S

sadoxmazo

Whenever I wish to print anything from MS Office 2008, I cannot find the print option of which specific pages I want, and when I try to print powerpoints I don't see the option of printing as handouts/gray scale/black and white. This is VERY annoying.

And yes, I hit the blue arrow next to the printer name. I also cycled through all the possible given options: Layout, Color Matching, Paper Handling, Cover Page, Scheduler, Paper Type/Quality, Borderless Printing, HP Real Life Technologies, Printer/Driver Info, Supply Levels, and Summary.

NONE of them give me the option of selecting which pages I want (e.g. 1, 3, 8, 9 12 or 1-3, 5-8, 20-21, etc). I see that I the closest options are: All, Odd, or Even.

The Adobe PDF Reader I installed has the page option, however I CANNOT print using that program for some reason, so I know that option SHOULD exist. From what I've read from the other users, the option has existed before...so...I'm very confused.

Also, I have tried the "Print From: To:" Option, where I want to print a single page (e.g. Print From: 1 To:1, or Print From 3: To:3, to print either the first page, or the third page), but I end up getting the entire document printed anyways. I know this option works because I've printed numerous PDF files through Preview using it.

I've looked in the Help and How-To section of the site, so I know that I should see the "copies and pages" tab...but I don't.

My Printer is: HP C4200 Series. I have a MacBook 13.3": Mac OS X 10.5.1

Lastly, I know my printer works and can print, because I've used it with my Windows XP printing word and powerpoints and everything worked as it should have (printing the selected pages, handouts, etc).

Thanks for any advice in advance!

G

yeah, i did all that. last night i even uninstalled and re-installed using the software+drivers file I downloaded from hp.com, but to no avail.

Ask a Question