Resizing Chart Titles

I

iprefercrayon

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) This seems so easy, I just can't understand why I can't make it work. Excel automatically adjusts chart title width as it sees fit. I have tried to "click and drag" and have navigated through every chart editing menu I can find to attempt to widen the text box to limit additional rows of text. There is plenty of white space on either side of my title. Nevertheless, I modified the chart to twice it's width thinking the borders of the chart were the constraint. How on earth something so simple could be so royally screwed up is beyond my capacity for words at this point.

B

Bob Greenblatt

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) This seems so
easy, I just can't understand why I can't make it work. Excel automatically
adjusts chart title width as it sees fit. I have tried to "click and drag" and
have navigated through every chart editing menu I can find to attempt to widen
the text box to limit additional rows of text. There is plenty of white space
on either side of my title. Nevertheless, I modified the chart to twice it's
width thinking the borders of the chart were the constraint. How on earth
something so simple could be so royally screwed up is beyond my capacity for
words at this point.
If you select the chart title, and then in the format menu choose chart
title, then text... Does that not do what you want? If not, please try to
explain clearly what you are trying to make happen and what does not work.

I

iprefercrayon

I'm trying to resize the width of the title. I cannot do this by clicking and draging or through the title format box.

R

rprajeshpatel

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

This seems so easy, I just can't understand why I can't make it work. Excel automatically adjusts chart title width as it sees fit. I have tried to "click and drag" and have navigated through every chart editing menu I can find to attempt to widen the text box to limit additional rows of text. There is plenty of white space on either side of my title. Nevertheless, I modified the chart to twice it's width thinking the borders of the chart were the constraint. How on earth something so simple could be so royally screwed up is beyond my capacity for words at this point.

u can change the chart area size, it'll automatically change the chart title width.

Ask a Question