Scroll does not show preview

Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently experienced an issue which to me looks like a setting that needs adjusting but I just don't know what it is.

When I use the scroll bar, Word does not show me where I am in the document while holding the scroll bar. Only when I release the mouse button, I jump directly to the location. However, I basically need to guess if I am at the correct location every time I use it.

The following link is a video file of the problem showing how the document jumps straight to the location of the scroll bar but without 'live preview' while using the scroll bar.

Video showing no preview of scroll bar use

The way I want it to behave is as shown in the video below (video capture of me using Adobe pdf reader with 'live preview' while using the scroll bar).

Video showing preview of scroll bar use

I also notice it in Excel so I imagine it is a setting for the whole office pack but it is particularly annoying in Word.

Could you please help me with this as it is driving me nuts and adds 4-5 seconds every time I use the scroll bar on large documents, which is many times a day?

Ask a Question