Copying a project and changing dates

C

CharlesQuinn

Hi

I'm a Project 98 SR-1 user that needs to use the same Project over and over again. I'm familiar with the "adjust dates" macro, so I have no problem moving the project to where I need it on the calendar. However, I also use the "team assign" function to send all my people "resources" a task list that they can add to their Outlook task list

My current problem is that when I have finished the current project (saved a baseline, tracked and updated tasks, etc), and used the "adjust dates" macro, I am no longer able to send an "task update" to all parties asking them, essentially, to do the same (or similar) tasks again for the next project. Project 98 keeps telling me "resources have not been informed that their responsibility has changed.

I just want to be able to take the 20 tasks I've done in first-quarter, add/subtract/edit those tasks as needed, and do those same tasks again in the second quarter. I still need to be able to "team assign" so everyone gets a NEW message to complete the task again within the new time frame. I'm even changing all the "100% complete" to "0% complete" on all tasks, by Project 98 seems to get confused...like I should really create a whole new project from scratch in order for Project to work properly.

Please help!!

Ask a Question