Logitech Presenter stopped working after Office upgrade

T

tisnow

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

My logitech wireless (with usb dongle) presenter stopped working in Powerpoint after I upgraded to

Powerpoint for MAC
Version 12.1.3 (080930)
Latest Installed Update 12.1.4

So when I'm in full screen mode, none of the buttons do anything. My colleague who also has the same presenter and also did the upgrade, is facing the same problem.

Can anyone point me to a possible program? Keyboard mapping, powerpoint bug, etc?

Would really like to get this presenter (clicker) working again.

C

CyberTaz

The odds are it had nothing to do with the 12.1.4 update because that
included nothing other than Entourage calendar fixes.

It might help to apply the latest [12.1.5] update from the Mactopia site
(rather than using AutoUpdate), but I'd also suggest that you check to see
if there is an updated driver from Logitech. Repair Disk Permissions after
any updates. If you still have a problem fetch the latest OS X COMBO update
from the Apple Downloads site & apply it (even if you're already at 10.5.5).

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

E

eeze

Problem still persists after latest patch. I have called 2 colleagues and they have the same issue, with the same device and Office MAC.

Sure wish I could revert back as doing presentations without a "clicker" is horrible.

M

mac^2

I have just bought latest 2.4GHz presenter from Logitech and couldn't get it working on my MBP (osx 10.5.4).

Played a bit and realized that MBP sees the following key sequences when using presenter:

left-arrow - ctrl+pagedown
right-arrow - ctrl+pageup
blank - ctrl+.

I removed the presenter USB key, went to System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys and changed action for Control key to "No Action".

Then plugged the USB key and voila the presenter was now working with MS PPT (and other apps) for following keys&functions: slide up&down, black screen, esc to finish presentation.

I went back to System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys and changed action for Control key back to "^ Control" (restore defaults has the same effect). And surprisingly the presenter was still working fine.

Unfortunately this procedure needs to be repeated every time you plug in presenter to your MAC.

Bit fiddly, but at least it's working without any (non-existing) drivers :)

BTW I also tested it on my old PB (osx 10.4.10), and above procedure works there too...

mac^2

D

Don

How did you get the presenter to work with your MBP? When I plug in the dongle, it locks up the keyboard and I can't do anything.

Thanks!

E

eeze

mac^2... I was able to get it to work. Although it seems I do have to modify the keyboard mappings each time (which is a major pain).

The odd thing is that this working before. Any idea on who to contact to ensure it reverts back to it's former working state?

Thanks!

Ask a Question