MS Project 2003 AND 2007 - Task ID numbers getrearranged, tasks move, task indents change

P

Paul Manley

I have the same problem on both 2003 and 2007. I have just downloaded the SP1 for 2007 and will try that. It looks like I will have to reenter my 250 tasks from scratch.

2nd time I've had to do this. That's why I upgraded to 2007. I don't do anything special. There are no outside links. Just a standalone project. I have save as HTML but not for several iterations of save. I don't move large sections or any sections of the project. The project is near the end and so I am just updating percent complete. I have inserted a couple tasks. And that is the last thing I did before this happened.

I save the plan under a new name each time. I went back a version and the first 50 task IDs were ordered fine. I noticed that on a wbs summary task the percent complete was 95 yet each of the sub tasks were 100. I was able to manually update the 95 to 100 by clicking the up arrow (I don't think this should be allowed - summary tasks should always be calculated) to 100. Then my first 50 task IDs had some rearranged IDs.

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Ask a Question