Printing/saving multiple worksheets to one PDF file

C

chrisly

I would like to create a single, multi-page PDf file containing all the worksheets from an Excel file. However, when I print/save the entire workbook to pdf using the appropriate checkboxes, Excel 2008 generates multiple pdf files, one file per worksheet.
Is there a way to change this behavior into printing/saving to just *one* pdf file? Thanks for any help and ideas!

J

JE McGimpsey

I would like to create a single, multi-page PDf file containing all the
worksheets from an Excel file. However, when I print/save the entire workbook
to pdf using the appropriate checkboxes, Excel 2008 generates multiple pdf
files, one file per worksheet.<br>
Is there a way to change this behavior into printing/saving to just *one* pdf
file? Thanks for any help and ideas!

Don't know what "checkbox" you're talking about, but try this:

Select all the sheets in the workbook ("[Group]" appears in the title
bar). Choose File/Print. Choose Save As PDF from the PDF dropdown. Save
the file. CTRL- or right-click a worksheet tab and choose "UnGroup
Sheets".

Does your PDF now contain all sheets? (It does for me.)

If not, what print driver are you using?

C

chrisly

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

To clarify: I was referring to the "Print What: Entire Worksheet" radio button in the print dialog when I mentioned that I had checked the appropriate checkboxes, sorry for the confusion.

I tried your solution, but I still get one file per worksheet as output, even when the worksheets are grouped.

I tried this having selected the following printers in the Print dialog when clicking Save As PDF: HP LJ 1022, an HP LJ P3005 and HP LJ 4200 Series as well as a Brother MFC 210-C.

Is there any particular printer driver I should test this with? Thank you for any more hints!

Ask a Question